Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rocky Mountain Sober


I am at home. Praise God.

I love home.

I love the Denver Airport (this from a person who thought building that silly tent out on the prairie was insane!)

I love that my flight landed at about 8:30 p.m. and I got to see the sunset over the rocky mountains. The beach is fab, but I am in love with my home scenery - the mountains.

I love that I got to take a bath in my own bathtub.

I love that in this arid climate, my hair is fluffed back up after a week of FLAT, FLAT, FLAT.  

There is so much to write, but I am utterly and totally exhausted.  

I will lay my head down on my own pillow and gratefully go to sleep.  

Tonight when I got to Denver, I experienced familiar emotions, because I am always glad to come home - no matter where I go.  But tonight I had a new one.  

I am so grateful that I live in this place, so far away from my family.  Not because I am far away from them, but because I struck out a long long time ago and made my own place in this world.  And I really do love it.  It is not fabulous like others, but I don't care.  Fabulous is in the eye of the beholder and my bathtub and bed are totally awesome tonight.

I will write more coherently tomorrow.  


2 Comments:

Blogger Tabitha.Montgomery said...

You are an independent and strong soul Mary Christine.Rub a dub dub!

I'm back to blogging if you ever want to come visit..feel free..
T xo

http://tabithamontgomery.blogspot.com/

9/22/2009 2:08 PM  
Blogger McGowdog said...

Hope sobriety is treating you well.

Having a gr8 new year and looking forward to chairing two meetings next week as I'll be 7 years sober in A.A.

1/08/2011 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home